ORCA Grow Film® is made from threads of a high density specialized reflective plastic which are bonded together creating a unique surface topography. The resulting geometry of the microfibers and the submicron pores within the microfiber, create a highly reflective and diffuse surface. The same principal is found in snowflakes, where normally transparent water is transformed into reflective bright white snow through the unique geometry of ice crystal formation. Diffuse reflection is important to hydroponic growers because it eliminates hot spots and creates the even, efficient distribution of light plants desire.
ORCA Grow Film™ is unique when compared to traditional
- 99% Diffuse Surface: Microfiber structure creates even light distribution across material surface regardless of incident angle of light. The resulting isotropic surface luminance eliminates hot spots and does not require surface to be hung flat during installation. (Specular vs. Diffuse and Why diffuse reflection matters)
- Highly Reflective Surface: 94% reflectivity across the full visible light spectrum, ORCA Grow FilmTM is the highest performing reflective surface in the hydroponic industry.(Performance comparison (See independent 3rd party testing).(What does full visible light spectrum mean and why does it matter?)
- Thermally Reflecting:High infrared reflectance keeps heat where it should be.
- Light Tight
- No Color Shift or Iridescence; Light reflected from surface maintains the original color wavelength so you get the full spectrum from your lamps.
- Durable, puncture and tear resistant: 11 mil thick.
- Water-resistant. Washable and cleanable with common household cleaners.
- Mold and algae growth resistant.
- UV Protected and Stable; blocks out harmful UV light with wavelength below 400nm, material does not yellow.
- Recyclable eco-friendly material containing no halogens, plasticizers or VOCs.
- Made in USA.